columns.zipfile on your computer and press 'Install Now',
columns' folder into '
themes' folder in your WordPress installation (
You have to install and activate required plugins (Redux, Elementor and Columns Addons). You can do this by visiting Appearance » Install Plugins inside wp dashboard.
The following message may be visible after theme activation:
Go to Appearance » Install Plugins and install and activate following plugins:
1. After theme activation go to Appearance > Install Plugins, and install and activate Redux Framework plugin!
2. Then go to Columns - admin panel
and hit "Save Changes" button to set default style settings:
You can change styling options later.
2. Following (or similar) message may be visible after theme activation:
Click on 'Begin activating plugins' link and install and activate 'Redux Framework' (if not installed yet), Elementor and 'Columns Addons' plugins. Or you can do this by visiting Appearance » Install Plugins
4. IMPORTANT! It is possible that after theme activation are images wrongly cropped and look ugly! In this case use following plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ to regenerate old thumbnails (from previous theme).
After plugin installation start regeneration in Tools > Regen. Thumbnails. This process can take a while and you cannot close tab/window until regeneration is done.
I recommend creating few classic blog posts before you start creating templates in Elementor. Set 'featured images' for all your posts.
Theme comes with extensive options panel with functions divided to these sections:
In post add/edit post screen, below the post content is located custom 'Themnific Post Options' tab:
a) You can select the Image + Title layout on the single post,
b) Enable / Disable featured image on the single post (for 'Classic Image' only).
Go to Appearance > Widgets and setup your sidebar and footer widget areas. Widgets are very easy to setup.
Following widgets are used in theme demo:
In theme demo may be used custom widgets which come with 3dr party plugins (Top 10 plugin, Newsletter etc.).
Please see 'Plugins' chapter for more info about these plugins.
IMPORTANT! It is possible that after theme activation are images wrongly cropped and look ugly!
In this case use this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ to regenerate old thumbnails from previous theme.
After plugin installation start regeneration in Tools > Regen. Thumbnails This process can take a while and you cannot close tab/window until regeneration is done.
Images and thumbnails are generated automatically.
To display thumbnails correctly upload images via WP interface using "Set featured image" button.
After image upload set featured image.
! Create own custom menus first! Please see following tutorial !
1. Toggle 'Screen Options' on the top of the menu screen:
2. Enable 'CSS Classes' option:
3. Toggle any menu item and type special word into 'CSS Classes' field
1. Before (or after) menu label add this piece of code
<i class="fas XXX"></i>
Enter full icon code - 'fa' class is required.
2. For XXX you can set any icon name. You can find all icon names on Font Awesome homepage.
3. You can see how-to video here. It is not tutorial for my theme but the process is the same.
Elementor plugin will help you create awesome layouts for your pages.
Go to Appearance » Install Plugins inside wp dashboard and install and activate Elementor plugin.
Basic setup of this plugin is very easy; go to Elementor > Settings and disable default color and fonts:
Save changes and that's it. You can edit any page in the page builder now.
You can easily create newsletter subscribe form with 'MailChimp for WordPress' Plugin: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) paste
MailChimp for WordPress and Install this plugin
Plugin can be set in MailChimp for WP section:
In demo is used subscribe form with following markup: https://pastebin.com/bM7T51rY
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) paste 'Top 10 – Popular posts plugin for WordPress' and Install and activate this plugin.
After plugin activation setup 'Popular Posts [Top 10]' widget in Appearance > Widgets with following, highlighted options:
Theme is compatible with Recent Tweets Widget plugin. Plugin is used in demo site.
In search field (Plugins > Add New) insert 'Recent Tweets Widget' and Install plugin.
Plugin widget can be set in Appearance > Widegts:
Note!: You need to get "consumer and secret" codes for Recent Tweets Widget:
Plugin page: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) insert 'Social Pug' and Install this plugin.
Plugin can be set in dashboard > Social Pug:
Theme is compatible with AddToAny Share Buttons too.
Plugin page: Plugin Homepage
Into search field (in Plugins > Add New) insert 'Contact Form 7' and Install this plugin
You can create own contact form(s) in main wp menu > Contact.
You can display created 'contact form' on any page using shortcode.
On demo page is used contact form with following markup: https://pastebin.com/a0Hcywkd
Please read plugin documentation for more info about this very flexible plugin.
Make sure that Columns theme, Elementor and Columns Addons plugins are installed and activated before demo import.
You can import demo content in Appearance > Import Demo Data.
- In main theme package is attached XML file. Unzip this XML file.
- Go to Tools > Import; install and activate 'WordPress Importer' plugin,
- Find XML file on your computer and import XML file.
- Check "Download and import file attachments" option.
- XML file is bit bigger and sometimes (slow server etc.) needs to be imported more times (until 'Have Fun' message is shown).
After XML file import:
- set imported 'Home' page as static front page in Settings > Reading;
- save imported custom menus for 'theme locations' (in Appearance > Menus);
- footer and sidebar widgets can be set in Appearance > Widgets. In demo are used these widgets:
- edit 'Home' page layout in Elementor edit mode:
- set own color scheme in Appearance > Columns admin panel.
If you don't want to import whole demo content you can import just elementor templates (e.g. layout of the homepage) using .json file.
.json files are located in main theme package, in 'spec' folder. Extract .json files to you computer.
Extract .json files to you computer.
Import template when you are editing any page in Elementor - > click on 'Add Template' button > Import Template:
Find .json file on your computer and import Elementor template.
Due licenses all imported images are for testing purposes only and cannot be used on your live website!!!
You can download free photos for your commercial & personal works on sites like:
This theme is translation/localization ready and comes with
columns.pot file. File is located in
columns.potfile (line by line),
The filename of your .po / .mo file is crucial! Gettext uses the ISO 639 standard for language abbreviations and ISO 3166 for locales. If your translation is written in Deutsch for example, your file name will look like de_DE.po. Capitalization is also important here. For a full list of language and country codes, check out these two links:
Once you save, POEdit by default automatically creates a .mo file alongside your .po file. Put these files into 'lang' folder.
Your internationalization is complete!
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme.